How to Have A Great Date | Valentine's Day
With the winter season upon us, folks here in Michigan are getting cabin fever and have the "bunker mentality" going on right about now. With so much snow and bad weather, people have been cooped up inside waiting for the weather to break.
Today is a different day though. It's Valentine's Day.
It's where many couples decide to "go out" and "have a date night". We happen to be one of the couples that will go out tonight and enjoy time with each other.
Have you ever considered how you can make a date "great", not just good?
I know I am constantly thinking about how to take my relationship with my wife to the next level.
Then it hit me. The time we spend with our significant other is not always based on something we are "doing", but regardless of what we are doing, we are always talking.
So the question becomes, how can I make our conversation better?
The Answer: Ask better questions!
So, to help you guys out there who need a plan ahead of time or simply want a reference sheet to grab a few ideas from, here is a list of great questions to ask your spouse tonight while on your Valentine's Day date.
- What are your 5 favorite foods, with the most favorite first?
- What are your 5 favorite recreations, with the most favorite first?
- What gifts do you like?
- What is your favorite books(s) of the Bible? Why?
- What is your favorite verse(s) of the Bible? Why?
- What is your favorite song?
- What makes you the most fulfilled or happiest as a wife/husband?
- What do you look forward to the most?
- At what times do you need assurance of my love the most?
- What do you enjoy doing with me, with the most enjoyable first?
- What things can I do that show my appreciation of you?
- What concerns and interests of yours would you like me to support?
- How much time would be good for us to spend together each day?
- What ways demonstrate to you that you are a very important person who is as important or more important than I am?
- If there was a movie about your life, what songs would you want on the soundtrack?
- If you could have named yourself, what name would you have chosen?
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- What would you do with the money if we won the lottery?
- When you were a kid, who was your biggest hero?
- Who is your biggest hero today?
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
- What was the moment when you laughed harder than you’ve ever laughed?
- If you could write one new law that everyone had to obey, what law would you create?
- What’s a new hobby you’d like to try out?